Contest Overview: This is a team competition for Salons based in the United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees/independent contractors/booth renters of/at a Salon (including commission salons, booth renter and salon suites, collectively referred to as a "Salon") may create one or multiple "Teams." A Team can include only one (1) member who will act as both the Colorist and the haircutter/hairstylist or may include two (2) members: one who is the Colorist and one who is the haircutter/hairstylist. Each Team will must use a “female-look” model (who is at least eighteen years of age) and may solicit assistance of other professionals to assist with photography, makeup, and wardrobe, as they would like. Each Team will create a total look and submit a photo of their look to enter into one of the five (5) competition categories (“Categories”): Editorial, Texture, Future Trend, Cutting and New Talent. Five (5) Teams will be selected from each Category and invited to compete in the Finals for their selected category. One winning Team (selected from the winners of all five Categories) will be awarded a trip to the global final competition.
1. Eligibility: The L'Oréal Professionnel Color and Style Trophy Contest (the "Contest") is open only to Teams of professionals who are (1) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (D.C.), (2) at least eighteen (18) years, (3) are employed by Salons (as defined above) that are located in and primarily operate in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia old at the time of entry and (4) enter with the permission of their Salon. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: L'Oréal USA, 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on August 15, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") ends on February 7, 2021 (the "Contest Period") and consists of multiple phases as set for in the chart below. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
|Phase||Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET||Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET|
|Photo Entry Phase||August 15, 2020||October 15, 2020|
|Judging Phase||October 19, 2020||October 23, 2020|
|Finalist Announced||November 2, 2020||November 2, 2020|
|People’s Choice Voting||November 9, 2020||January 31, 2021|
|Grand Final USA Competition (timing, location & details will be announced later)||February 7, 2021||February 7, 2021|
5. How to Enter:
Registration: During the Photo Entry Phase one representative from the Salon (who has permission from the Salon to enter) must visit www.colorstyletrophy.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including information about your Salon, and the names and email addresses, and functional role (Colorist and/or Haircutter/stylist) of your Team. Your Team must include a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of two (2) members who are employees of the Salon and are at least eighteen years of age.
Once a Team is registered, the member(s) must remain the same for the duration of the Contest. Sponsor may permit deviations from this rule in the case of exceptional circumstances (such as death, disability or serious illness, or other circumstances) as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
>Create Your Contest Entry: Create and take a photo on your model and includes (a) a well-executed, modern, multi-dimensional and personalized color result, (b) a cutting-edge hair style inspired by current fashion trends, and (c) a beautiful overall total look. The hair color will be the overriding factor in the judging process.
Upload your photo of the look you created and provide details about the color formula and color products used. There is no requirement to use L’Oréal productsat this stage. To enter the Color & Style Trophy you simply need to submit a photo that showcases your work and fits the brief of the chosen category. Exceptionally this year due to the current situation you can enter with any photo that was taken after January 1, 2019. However please note if you made it to grand final of the Color & Style Trophy previously you cannot enter with the same look or photo.
**The New Talent Category is only open to Teams where all registered members are either currently enrolled in cosmetology school or have been licensed for 3 years or fewer as of the end of the Photo Entry Phase. You may solicit assistance for make-up and wardrobe from professionals that have more experience than directed by the New Talent Category. Individuals who meet the requirements of the New Talent Category are not required to select this Category.
Your photo, description of color formula and products used, and completed registration form will be collectively referred to as your submission ("Submission"). By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.Entry Guidelines:
Permissions: Team must have permission from owner/operator of the Salon to enter the promotion.
Entry Limit: Each Team may upload one (1) Submission for one (1) Category for which the Team is eligible during the Photo Entry Phase. A Salon may have multiple Teams participate; however each individual may only be part of one Team and therefore may only enter once. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 11, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor's Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes Salon and Team's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Salon will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Team is granting to use the Submission.
7. Determination of Finalists and the People's Choice Award:
Determination of Finalists:
During the Judging Phase, a panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select up to five (5) Finalists from entries received for each Category (herein "Finalists"). Each Finalist Team will be invited to attend and compete in the Grand Final USA Competition that is currently scheduled for February 7, 2021 (location and all timing details are subject to change and will be provided to Finalists on or after October 16, 2020) for the applicable Category.
Finalist Teams for the Editorial, Texture, Future Trend, and Cutting will be those with the highest scoring Submissions based upon assessment of the following judging criteria:
Finalists for the New Talent Category will be selected based on the following judging criteria:
In the event of a tie, the Finalist Team whose Submission received the highest score for “Technical execution and result of the Color including assessment of color placement, technique used, overall effect achieved, and formula used,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Finalist Team. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) Finalists per Competition Category, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive sufficient eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
Determination of People's Choice Award:
Submissions of all selected Finalists will be posted on a gallery for public voting at www.colorstyletrophy.com. Individuals who are at least 18 years old and reside in the fifty United States (and the District of Columbia) and may vote for the Submission they believe has the most public appeal. Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time during the Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Any attempt by any Finalist or voter to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the Finalist's Submission and Finalist may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Finalist's compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist whose Submission receives the highest number of valid votes during the People’s Choice Voting Phase will be deemed the potential People’s Choice Award winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score during the Judging phase as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner from amongst the tied Finalists. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
8. Grand Final USA Competition Requirements and Determination of the Grand Prize Winner: Each Finalist will be notified by Sponsor and provided with the details and requirements about the Grand Final USA Competition, including the revised judging criteria applicable to selecting the winner for each Category as well as one (1) Grand Prize winner selected from the five (5) Category winners.Finalists will be required to use L’Oréal Professionnel color products for their submission to this Grand Final USA Competition. Sponsor will provide each Team with color products needed to complete their submission. All registered Team members for each Finalist team are required to attend the Grand Final USA Competition for the Team to continue participation and be considered to win an award. Each Finalist Team is responsible for their travel and accommodations necessary to participate in the Grand Final USA Competition location as well as any other expenses associated with participation. If a Finalist Team is not able to participate in the Grand Final USA Competition, Sponsor will invite the next highest scoring Team to attend.
At the Grand Final USA Competition, each Finalist Team will be required to present a live model that displays the look shown in their original photo Submission. During each Finalist Teams presentation, they will be required to tell the L’Oréal Professionnel Education Team the exact formula and products used on their model. In addition, Team members may be asked technical questions about their cut, color, styling and if applicable, extensions used.
The judging criteria at the Grand Final USA Competition will focus on how the Team brings the look displayed in their original Submission to life
Grand Finalists will be judged with the following criteria:
Judges will announce winner at the end of the Grand Final USA Competition. There will be one (1) winning Team selected for each Category, and one (1) runner-up Team for each Category that will be announced live. There will be one (1) Grand prize-winning Team selected from all the of Category winning Teams.
9. Requirements for Grand Prize Winner: Potential Grand Prize-winning Team will be notified at the Grand Final USA Competition. Each member of the potential Grand Prize-winning Team and model who will be traveling will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration") and an IRS W-9 form, which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the Live Competition in order to claim his/her prize. If any member of the potential Grand prize winning Team fails to execute and return the Declaration within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, the Team will forfeit the prize and an alternate Team (who was deemed to have the next best Submission based on the judging process at the Grand Final USA Competition) will be offered the Grand Prize and will be required to complete the Declarations to accept the prize. Only two (2) alternate winners will be offered the Grand Prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
10. Prizes: ONE (1) OVERALL GRAND PRIZE: Team will receive a L’Oréal Professionnel Gift Basket ($500 value) and Team will be invited to attend an international trip in 2021 (dates and location to be provided by Sponsor). Trip package is only for the team members and includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for up to two (2) people from a major airport near each winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to an airport located near the destination; five (5) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy); and ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel; Team members must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Each Team member is solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if international trip is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value of prize for each Team Member and model is $7,500. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
FIVE (5) CATEGORY PRIZES (awarded to each winning Team for the 5 Categories): A $500 Gift Card toward L’Oréal Professionnel Academy Classes (terms and conditions may apply).
Prizes are non-transferable. Except where Sponsor approves, only Team Members who registered and entered may travel to Global Grand Finale location the international destination in 2021. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Each Team member is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
11. Release: By participating in this Contest and/or accepting any prize, each Team agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its promotional agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
12. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winning Team and each member's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, photos, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials ; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
17. Winner List: Winners will be announced at the Grand Final USA Competition and will be posted on the promotional website.